(For information regarding my Shakespeare Lectures: georgewalllectures@gmail.com)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Just a short post to let you know what this space will contain over the next few days. Last week I gave a lecture on the plays that will be performed at the Stratford Festival during the 2011 season. As I was preparing, I came across some interesting points in regard to them. I wrote a little on Twelfth Night this week, and I've also touched on Richard III a couple of times. So next I'll be sharing some thoughts regarding the other two on the playbill: The Merry Wives of Windsor and Titus Andronicus. These two are among the least loved in the canon, by the way, but my own estimation of them has risen in proportion to the time I've spent with them - funny how that works - and I'll be explaining why this week.

My fall lecture series on the tragedies will be starting a week from Wednesday. Here is the necessary information.

George Wall Shakespeare Lectures: The Tragedies

Wednesday, September 15 - 11 am: Hamlet
Wednesday, September 29 - 11 am: King Lear
Wednesday, October 13 - 11 am: Antony and Cleopatra
Wednesday, October 27 - 11 am: Othello
Wednesday, November 10 - 11 am: Macbeth
Wednesday, December 1 - 11 am: Romeo and Juliet

The cost of these lectures will be $20 each, or all six for $100. You can email me at georgewalllectures@gmail.com for further information, or to get tickets. I'll hope to see you there.

The Atwater Library: 1200 Avenue Atwater, Westmount, Quebec - (514) 935-7344

No comments:

Post a Comment