(For information regarding my Shakespeare Lectures: georgewalllectures@gmail.com)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Just a short note today re Stratford's upcoming season (2012, I mean): I'm not sure why the name change to the Stratford Shakespeare Festival was necessary a few years back, because the bard content has actually significantly declined recently. And now, the news comes that there's to be only three next year. Bit of a drag, that, in my opinion. The plays in question (Cymbeline, Henry V, Much Ado About Nothing) aren't the problem (of course). There should simply be more of them - at least five per season. Or else at least change the name back. (On the bright side, when they do them, they do them very well. I'm sure I'll be giving each of the three above-mentioned productions standing ovations a year or so from now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment